You can use Acronis Plug-in for WinPE to build BartPE
BartPE is software that allows you to boot into Windows-like environment from media. The main advantage is that it uses Windows drivers and has Windows-like graphical user interface.
Acronis Plug-in for WinPE is available in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 and can be used to build BartPE.
(!) If you have Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11345, please see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11345: Backup from BartPE Media Fails with "Failed to enumerate temporary file name. Error code: 267." for correct instructions.
- Install Acronis WinPE Media Builder (Build 11133 or lower) from the Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 setup file;
- Go to the following folder:
Windows 32 bit: \Program Files\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE
Windows 64 bit: \Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE
and run the export_license.bat script. It will check for available licenses and enable the proper components such as Acronis Universal Restore and/or Deduplication in the plug-in. Running the export_license.bat script will also create acronis.inf file so you can use the plug-in with PE Builder;
- Download the Bart PE builder;
- Copy the contents of \Program Files\Acronis\WinPE\WinPE (check the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\WinPE\Settings\WinPE for the plug-in location) to the %BartPE folder%\plugins\Acronis;
- Insert your Windows distribution CD if you do not have a copy of Windows installation files on the HDD;
- Start the Bart PE builder;
- Specify the path to the Windows installation files or Windows distribution CD;
- Click Plugins and check whether the Acronis plug-in is enabled. Enable if disabled;
- Specify the output folder and the full path to the resulting ISO file including the file name or the media to create;
- Build the BartPE;
- Burn the ISO to CD or DVD (if this has not been done yet) or copy to a flash drive.
Once the machine boots into the Bart PE and you configure the network connection, select Go -> System -> Storage -> Acronis True Image to start.
(!) If the media does not boot, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Acronis Bootable Media Created with WinPE 1.6 or BartPE Fails to Start.
BartPE supports adding two types of drivers: storage drivers and network drivers. For instructions on how to add drivers please refer to http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/english/drivers.htm
There is also an option to add storage drivers (for RAID or SCSI devices) during BartPE boot-up. (You need to press F6 and point to the diskette with the drivers). Common storage drivers are available at http://nu2.nu/pebuilder/drivers/.